• Combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance.
• Is designed for application in two or more coats by brush or roller To a DFT of 500 microns
• Is primarily intended for use on steel.
To comply with the conditions of approval under Regulation31(4)(a), this product must be applied in accordance with the approved Instructions. For Use Document 10T-E, available from the Northallerton Technical Centre on request.
• Adhesion - Excellent to correctly prepared surfaces.
• Abrasion Resistance - Excellent resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage.
• Erosion resistance - Excellent erosion resistance, suitable for use on aqueous slurries.
Colour Grey or Water Industry Blue 1Litre Packs and 54 litre packs (2 x 18 ltr Base 1 x 18 ltr Activator)
Ratio 2:1 By volume
Drying & Cure times at 20°C (68°F)
Usable Life 45 mins
Touch Dry 6 hours
Minimum Overcoating 6 hours
Maximum Overcoating 24 hours
Full Cure 7 days
Volume Solids 100%
Specific Gravity (Average Mixed) 1.5
Film Thickness (Typical) Wet/Dry 250 microns per coat.
Note: Normally applied as a two coat system to achieve a minimum dry film thickness of 500 microns. Detailed application instructions in the form of system recommendations are available on request.
Theoretical Coverage Rate 4 sq metres per litre at 250 microns dft. Standards Met BS6920 – WRAS Listed UK Water Regulations 31(4)(a)
Performance Data Abrasion Resistance 40mgm weight loss per 1000 cycles - 1kg load-CS17 wheel (ASTM D4060) Impact Resistance 0.26kg.m (ASTM D2794) Direct Pull Adhesion 12Mpa (1760 psi) - grit blasted steel (ASTM D4541) Water Vapour Permeability 3.75 x 10-6 perm.cm (ASTMD1653) Pencil Hardness 5H (ASTM D3363) Salt Fog Resistance Excellent, unaffected after 5,000 hours exposure (ASTM B117) Cathodic Disbondment Pass <6mm (ASTM G8) Humidity Resistance Unaffected 5,000 hours exposure (BS 3900 Part F2) Scratch Resistance No failure 2.5kg (5.5lbs) load (BS3900 Part E2)